Medical Systems and their Economic Dimension
- Garant předmětu:
- Zuzana Kotherová
- Miroslav Barták
- Miroslav Barták, Miroslav Selčan
- Department of Biomedical Technology
Different elements of healthcare systems are studied so as the different possibilities of healthcare system design, its conditions and consequences. The healthcare systems are analyzed in international dimension, the Czech healthcare system is presented in details.
1. Active participation in the seminars (maximum of 2 absences are allowed)
2. Expert Lectures Mandatory Attendance.
3. To acquire minimum of 50 from 100 points in multi-component system of evaluation:
a) max of 50 points - semestral project (required min. of 50%)
b) max of 30 points - compulsory test (required min. of 50%)
c) max of 20 points - examination
A student can gain 100 points in total, successful completion of the subject is conditioned by at least 50 points. The graded assessment is conditioned by the seminar attendance and successful completion of seminar activities (50%).
The assessment is based on ECTS scale.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introductory lecture: Subject outline. Healthcare Systems Typology. History. Comparison, weakness, strengths, trends.
2. Healthcare Systems Typology. Healthcare Systems in International Comparison.
3. Healthcare Systems in International Comparison.
4. Healthcare Systems in International Comparison.
5. Czech Healthcare System in Numbers: Healthcare System Financing. Healthcare Resources. Financial Flows
6. Public health insurance system
7. Primary care through the eyes of care providers
8. Reimbursement of health care with a focus on primary care
9. Financial flows in health care
10.Health Policy. .
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1/ Program of seminars. Semester work assignment - position of general practitioner. Reading: The concept of primary care reform
2/ Papers Discussion (students presentation).
3/ Healthcare Systems in International Comparison.
4/ Healthcare Systems in International Comparison (students presentation)
5/ Semester work - interim results: organization of primary care abroad
6/ Semestral Project.
7/ Semestral work - interim results: Presentation and commentary of survey results among GPs
8/ Semestral Project.
9/ Semestral Project.
10/ Semestral Project (students presentation).
- Study Objective:
Students have knowledge about different possibilities of healthcare system design, its conditions and consequences. Students are oriented in different healthcare systems in Europe. Students know in detail the Czech healthcare system is presented in details.
- Study materials:
.FELDSTEIN, Paul J. Health care economics. 5th ed. Clifton Park : Delmar, 2002. 627 s. ISBN 0766806995
.PHELPS, Charles E, Health economics, New York, NY: HarperCollins Publishers, 1992, 559 s., ISBN 06-733-8746
.FELDSTEIN, Paul J Health Policy Issues: An Economic Perspective. ISBN-13: 978-1567936964
.OKMA, K. CRIVELLI l. Six Countries, Six Reform Models: The Healthcare Reform Experience of Israel, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland and Taiwan. ISBN: 978-981-4261-58-6
- Time-table for winter semester 2023/2024:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2023/2024:
Tue Wed Thu Fri
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Systematic Integration of Processes in Healthcare - full-time (compulsory course)