History of economy and social studies
- Department of Economics, Management and Humanities
This subject deals with the history of the Czech society in the 19th - 21th centuries. It follows the forming of the Czech political representation, its aims and achieved results as well as the social and cultural development and coexistence of the various ethnical groups in the Czech countries.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. The introduction into the study of the 19th and 20th century and historiography.
2. The political concepts during 19th century.
3. The Habsburg monarchy - the home of the Czech countries.
4. The war between Prussia and Austria and an active Czech politics.
5. The new Czech political parties in the end of the 19th century.
6. The Czechs, Germans and Jewes in the Czech countries.
7. The economic situation in the Czech society in the 19th and 20th centuries.
8. The social structure of the population of the monarchy i the Czech countries.
9. The changes i daily life in the cities and village in the 19th and 20th centuries.
10. Social life and leasure time in the 19th and 20th centuries.
11. Life style in the 20th centuries.
12. The art generation of the National theatre, modern art styles.
13. The formig of the technical elite in the Czech countries.
14. We have two arms - the book and the school only.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
TEICHOVÁ, Alice (ed.). Central Europe in the Twentieth Century. An Economic History Perspective. Aldershot, Brookfi eld USA, Singapore, Sydney 1997.
TEICHOVÁ, Alice, The Czechoslovak Economy (1918-1990). London 1990.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: