CAD in HF Technique
- Garant předmětu:
- Zbyněk Škvor
- Zbyněk Škvor
- Milan Polívka, Pavel Staněk, Zbyněk Škvor
- Department of Electromagnetic Field
Introduction into principles and techniques used in modern microwave circuit design.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction into microwaves. Circuits seen as media with propagating waves.
2. Transmission lines used in Microwave Integrated Circuits, including discontinuities.
3. Optimization applied to circuits,error function, local and global methods.
4. Bioinspired optimization method, Pareto optimization.
5. Introduction into Numerical Electromagnetics.
6. Finite differences applied to static and time-harmonic fields (FD).
7. Finite Element Method (FEM), and the Method of Moments (MoM).
8. Analysis methods suitable for microwave circuits and systems, frequency domain.
9. Finite Differences in Time Domain (FDTD).
10. Approximate boundary conditions in Time domain, absorbing boundary implementation.
11. Circuit parameter/model extraction.
12. Introduction into non-linear circuit analysis in frequency and time domains. Harmonic balance.
13. Large structure analysis.
14. Analysis of optoelectronic circuits.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction. Problems resulting from finite circuit dimensions - and how to make use of it.
2. Finite Difference (FD) method in electrostatics
3. FD, dielectric interface
4. FD, shielded strip analysis, project task assignment
5. Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) method, discretion of Maxwell equations in 1D space, numerical dispersion, stability of the solution
6. FDTD, excitation, absorption boundary condition (ABC), reflection at the interface of two environments
7. FDTD, propagation constant, material absorption, perfectly matched layers (PML), transition to freq. area - coefficient of reflection
8. Work on a project task
9. CST Microwave Studio - work with a professional EM field simulator
10. CST Microwave Studio - work with EM field simulator, advanced functions
11. Moment method - distribution of the charge on the board
12. Method of moments - distribution of current density on a dipole, input impedance, dependence of parameters on segmentation density
13. Getting started with the 3D MoM simulator EM field AXIEM
14. Project task submission. Assesment.
- Study Objective:
This course provides its students with knowledge of principles and techniques used in modern microwave circuits as well as with basic design methods used in such systems.
- Study materials:
 Gupta, K.C., Garg, R., Chadha, R.: Computer-Aided Design of Microwave Circuits. Artech House, Dedham 1981.
 David M. Pozar, Microwave Engineering, 4th ed., John Wiley & Sons, 2012, ISBN: 978-0-470-63155-3.
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
Katedra 317, blok B2
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Electronics and Communications - Electronics (compulsory elective course)
- Electronics and Communications - Photonics (compulsory elective course)
- Electronics and Communications - Radio Communications and Systems (compulsory elective course)