Power Machine Equipment
- Department of Electric Drives and Traction
The course deals with the analysis of the basic functions and characteristics of machinery used in the energy sector, introduces students to quantitative and qualitative energy balances of these devices to an extent, allowing to obtain the technical basis for the economic evaluation, as well as operating system optimization. It also deals with the analysis of the impact of failures of machine elements of the power system to the technical indicators and economical operation and performance of the most important methods of control machinery of power plants in terms of their operational optimization.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. The basic types of cycles used in power engineering, energy balance, determine the basic operating parameters.
2. Qualitative evaluation of basic heat technical processes, thermal cycles in the energy sector.
3. Energy intensity in the transportation of liquids and gases, the working point, the energy regulatory assessment methods.
4. The steam turbine, basic principal, basic balance and output characteristics of the basic types of steam turbines.
5. Ways power control condensation and heat circulation. Turbine with controlled steam draw.
6. Condensation, cooling circuits, analysis of operating failures of condensation systems. Impact on the economy of operation of the unit.
7. Synergies and operational linkages and regulatory machinery in the most important energy systems.
8. Basic types of steam generators, energy balance, operating characteristics and modes of regulation.
9. Economic and ecological effects of cogeneration production, trends, „small cogeneration“.
10. CCGT cycles, trends, possibilities and limits of use in the Central European region. Ecological effect.
11. Long-distance heat supply, operational issues, energy intensity.
12. The secondary circuit is, function analysis, operational and regulatory characteristics, safety and environmental issues.
13. Drain the energy in the energy, heat pumps, balances, operational capabilities and practical limits of applicability
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Calculation of basic technical-economic indicators of energy circulation with condensing turbine.
2. Qualitative evaluation of basic energy transformations of thermal energy cycle with steam turbine.
3. Evaluation of the effect of failures in the regenerative heating system on the basic indicators of operating economics of the block.
4. Energy intensity of pumping systems in power engineering, energy assessment of used control methods.
5. Energy intensity of flue gas and air transport, energy savings caused by choice of optimal regulation.
6. Energy balance of a steam turbine with unregulated consumption, turbine behavior when steam flow changes.
7. Calculation of the influence of turbine power control on the operating economics of the block for basic control methods.
8. Assessment of the influence of the most frequent defects in condensation and cooling circuit on technical and economic indicators of the block.
9. Basic quantitative and qualitative energy balance of steam generator, gross calorific value, calorific value, main losses.
10. Approximate calculation of parameters needed for determination of economic and ecological effects of small cogeneration.
11. Energy balance of CCGT, familiarization with modern CCGT circulation
12. Indicative calculation of energy performance in long-distance gas transport. Analysis of operating parameters influence.
13. Introduction to the secondary cycle of nuclear power plant. Basic energy and mass balance of separator and superheater.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
Moran, M.,J., Shapiro, H.,N.: Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics. Wiley, 2008.
Cengel,Z., Boles, M.,A.: Thermodynamics An Engineering Approach. McGraw-Hill, 2005.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: