Modeling of Electric Drives
- Department of Electric Drives and Traction
The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the simulation software Matlab / Simulink. The course focuses mainly on practices modeling of mechanical and electrical events in the fields of electrical drives.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction to Matlab GUI control.
2. Mathematical operations and logic functions, basic calculations in Matlab.
3. Operations with matrices and vectors, declarations, calculations.
4. Chart, formatting 3D plots.
5. Import, export data, edit the data in Matlab.
6. Functions, declarations, starting, passing variables.
7. Programming in Matlab.
8. Solvers, choosing the type of job settings.
9. Introduction to Simulink.
10. Subsystems, camouflage, trigered subsystem.
11. Simulation analysis model complexity, critical path.
12. Libraries automatic design (filter, regulator, etc.).
13. Application of Matlab in Electrical Engineering.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Description and settings of Matlab environment, documentation.
2. Expressions and commands, elementary mathematical functions, relational and logical operators.
3. Cycles and vectorization. Working with indexes, matrix operations and functions. Project selection.
4. Plot and Edit Graphs
5. Text strings, ASCII files, binary, Excel, mat.
6. Workspaces, allocation of variables. Code branching, functions.
7. Simple graphical interface, handle, object hierarchy, callback function.
8. Solving ordinary differential equations in Matlab.
9. Description and settings of Simulink environment, documentation, binding to Matlab.
10. Working with conditional subsystems and lookup table.
11. Simulation stepping, code profiling. Checking projects.
12. Creation With function, work with libraries.
13. Presentation of projects, credit.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: