Electric Machinery and Apparatus
- Pavel Mindl (guarantor), Vít Hlinovský
- Pavel Mindl (guarantor), Jan Bauer, Karel Buhr, Vít Hlinovský, Pavel Mňuk, Stanislav Tomášek
- Department of Electric Drives and Traction
The course is focused on contact and solid-state switching devices in LV networks. Basic topologies AC switches and stress of their components, systems with modern semiconductor devices and their protection circuits, testing electrical devices. The course also deals with the general theory of electrical machines. Magnetic field. Fundamentals of commutation. The transformer efficiency, voltage drop. Transients - switch to the network, a short circuit. Mathematical model of synchronous and asynchronous machines. A rotating magnetic field. Induction machine, starting and speed control. Influence of harmonic magnetic field. Single-phase induction motor. Work synchronous machine on a network. Torque, stability, overload capacity.
Active participation on laboratory measurement, document administration in due form, measure result processing, submit of test reports
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Low voltage contacts switching apparatus properties and application ability.
2.Components of semiconductor switching devices.
3.Single- phase semiconductor switches with thyristors and GTO thyristors, control circuits.
4.Semiconductor switches with bipolar, MOS and IGBT transistors and its control circuits.
5.Three- phase semiconductor switches topology, components voltage and current dimensioning
6.Softstarters, semiconductor switches protecting circuits.
7.Electrical apparatus testing.
8.Principles of electromechanical energy conversion. Theorie of general electric machine, mathematical model
9.Magnetic field. Fundamentals of DC machine commutation. Armature reaction
10.Winding of AC rotating machines, rotating magnetic field
11.Starting and speed control of induction machine. Single-phase induction motor
12.Mathematical model of the synchronous and induction machine, d,q,0-transformation
13.Operation of the synchronous machine to the network, torque, stability, overload capacity
14.Transient phenomena of synchronous generator, cut-off
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Lab- exercises can be united to two session blocks.
1.Organization of lab exercises, work safety in the lab, laboratory rules, first tasks preparation.
2.Relay breaking properties in LV DC circuit.
3.Fuses current limiting characteristics measurement.
4.Residual current circuit breaker breaking characteristics measurement.
5.Dynamic making and breaking characteristics of IGBT switch measurement.
6.Switching characteristics of single-phase zero crossing switch measurement.
7.A single-phase thyristor and triacs switch control circuit application.
8.Magnetic field in the air gap of DC machine. No-load characteristic
9.Three-transformer winding connection, vector angle
10.Determination of an induction motor parameters by the measurement
11.Induction motor loading, circle diagram
12.No load- and short circle measuring of a synchronous machine
13.Determination of a synchronous machine model parameters by the measurement
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
 CHIASSON, John Nelson. Modeling and high performance control of electric machines. Hoboken: Wiley, 2005. ISBN 0-471-68449-X.
 LEONHARD, Werner. Control of electrical drives. 3rd ed. Berlin: Springer, 2001. xviii, 460 s. ISBN 3-540-41820-2.
- Time-table for winter semester 2021/2022:
- Time-table for summer semester 2021/2022:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Technological Systems (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Machines, Apparatus and Drives (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Power Engineering (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Drives (compulsory course of the branch)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Power Engineering (compulsory course of the branch)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Technological Systems (compulsory course of the branch)