Electronic Circuits 1
- Garant předmětu:
- Jiří Hospodka
- Jiří Hospodka
- Jan Havlík, Jiří Hospodka, Tomáš Kouba, Martin Pokorný
- Department of Circuit Theory
The course introduces basic circuits with operational amplifiers, continues with the description of linear systems, analysis of their characteristics and fundamentals of synthesis frequency filters. It deals with the principles and features of circuits for generating signals and a controlled oscillator including the PLL circuit and its use. The last part of the course is devoted to basic amplifier stages with transistors.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. The ideal Op-Amp - functions, operating networks and their properties (inverting and inverting configuration, summer, converters v-i and i-v).
2. Application of the ideal Op-Amp: difference and instrumentation amplifier, integrator, differentiator, impedance converter.
3. Basic nonlinear applications OZ (sampling circuits, comparators, isolated amplifier, ...).
4. Linear systems: the description in time and frequency domain, parameters and properties.
5. External description of LTI systems, transfer function, poles and zeros, the relationship between time and frequency domains.
6. Properties feedback structures, influence of FB on the properties of linear circuits, stability of FB systems.
7. Introduction to the synthesis of frequency filters - basic concepts, types of approximations of magnitude characteristics. Design systems.
8. Implementation of analog filters, continuous-time operating circuits and the basic principle of discrete-time working filters.
9. Oscillators: Principles, a typical circuit structures, conditions of oscillations, possibilities of output amplitude stabilization to minimize THD. Regeneration system.
10. Voltage Controlled Oscillators. The operating principle, features and applications of the PLL circuit.
11. Modeling of nonlinear circuit elements, linearization method, the parameters of linearized systems.
12. Single-stage amplifiers with bipolar and unipolar transistors, operating point. Basic configurations of CE and CS, the calculation of basic parameters.
13. Single-stage amplifiers with transistors configurations CB, CG, CC and CD, parameters analysis, including frequency characteristics.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Review of knowledge of basic electrical circuits. Computer analysis of electronic circuits.
2. Basic circuits with operational amplifiers, analysis and simulation.
3. Laboratory measurements of the properties of linear operational networks.
4. Test 1. Characteristics of linear electronic systems, the calculation of responses in the time and frequency domains of elementary circuits.
5. Analysis of complex transmission networks. Calculation of poles and zeros, frequency characteristics.
6. Feedback effect on position of poles and zeros, the stability of a linear FB system.
7. Laboratory measurements of the properties of LTI system. Test 2.
8. Design systems for analog filters. Measurement of frequency and time characteristics of the analog filter.
9. Analysis of feedback oscillator: oscillation amplitude stabilization, spectral analysis and THD calculations.
10. Astable multivibrator circuit, determination of basic characteristics, simulation.
11. Laboratory measurement - operating of VCO and PLL circuits. Test 3.
12. Transistor amplifier parameters - calculation of linearized parameters.
13. Laboratory exercise - measurement of parameters of one-stage amplifier with unipolar transistor.
14. Consultation, credit.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith: Microelectronic Circuits, Oxford University Press, 6. vydání, 2009, ISBN 9780195323030
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Medical electronics and bioinformatics (compulsory course in the program)
- Electronics and Communications 2018 (compulsory course in the program)