- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Electrical Power Engineering
The aim of the course is to make students acquainted with most frequent applications of optical radiation and with theoretical and practical principles of resolving lighting systems for indoor and outdoor areas, respecting necessary visual performance with emphasis on energy efficiency solutions and aspects of health and safety.
Condition for obtaining assessment is participation in seminars and semester thesis elaboration. Passing the exam is given by the Study and Examination Code for Students of the Czech Technical University in Prague.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Optical radiation. Visual and non-visual effects of radiation.
2.Receivers of optical radiation. Devices for modern objective photometry and colorimetry.
3.Characteristics of the light field. Spatial characteristics of lighting.
4.Measurements of the light field characteristics.
5.Calculations of the light field characteristics.
6.Multiple light reflections.
7.Basics of colorimetry.
8.New trends in light sources.
9.New trends in luminaires.
10.Control of lighting systems. Dynamic lighting.
11.Energy efficiency of the lighting systems.
12.Lighting systems for indoor areas.
13.Lighting systems for outdoor areas.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
DiLaura, D., Houser, K., Mistrick, R., Steff, G.: Lighting Handbook 10th Edition. IESNA 2011. ISBN 978-0-87995-241-9.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Power Engineering (compulsory elective course)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Technological Systems (compulsory elective course)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Drives (compulsory elective course)