Power components in electrical engineering
- Garant předmětu:
- Václav Papež
- Václav Papež
- Jiří Hájek, Martin Horák, Václav Papež
- Department of Electrotechnology
Power semiconductor device (diodes, BJTs, thyristors, MOSFETs and IGBTs) and integraed structures (modules). Structures, function, characteristics and parameters, Passive components of powet electronic. Connection of devices in parallel and in series.
The credit reguirements: seminar presentation, one protokol of labs and the student must obtain minimally 50 % of avaliable points in the tests.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Power diodes
2. Current controlled devices
3. Voltage controlled devices
4. Thyristor switching devices
5. Fast switching and RF power devices
6 . Dewice cooling and encapsulations
7. Passive components -resistors
8. Passive components -capacitors
9. Passive components -inductors and transformers
10.Distributed element circuits
11.Devices with distributed elements
13.Device connection in series and in parallel
14.Electromagnetic compatibility in power electronic.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Safety in laboratories. Instruction about lab. measurements - group 1.
2.Instruction about lab. measurements - group 1.
3.Temperature dependence of power semiconductor devices
4. Power Amplifiers
5.Resistor and capacitors characteristics at HF
6, Semiconductor switch
7.HF coils and transformers
8.Instruction about lab. measurements - group 2.
9.Distributed parameter line
10. HF generator matching .
11 Electronic devices cooling
13. EMC filters
14.Evaluation of lab. reports. A credit.
- Study Objective:
A student are well-educated of properties of fundamental electronic devices, their application in power electronic circuits
- Study materials:
Lutz J.et all: Semiconductor Power Dewices: Phisics, Charakteristics, Reliability, Springer 2011
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
Mon Tue WedroomT2:E1-2
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Drives (compulsory elective course)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Power Engineering (compulsory elective course)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Technological Systems (compulsory elective course)