Materials for Power Electrical Engineering
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Electrotechnology
At first a physical description of basic properties and basic types of materials for electrical engineering is carried out. Types of conductors, superconductors, insulators, magnetic materials and semiconductors, which are used in power electrical engineering, are presented. The stress is put on relationships between properties, technology and the use. The student will meet, in higher detail, with ceramics for electrical engineering, with properties of mica, glass and their applications, with environmental conductive joining, with materials for thin and thick films and with selected nanomaterials and their applications.
Active attendance and accomplishment of tasks at tutorials are necessary conditions for award an assessment. A student must get an assessment before an examination. A knowledge of a lectured and tutorial matters will be required at examination.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Conductive and superconductive properties and their relationship with technology.
2.Materials for conductors and superconductors.
3.Semiconductive properties of materials and their relationship with technology. Basic semiconducting materials.
4.Insulating and dielectric properties and their relationship with technology. Ageing of insulators.
5.Organic insulators in power electrical engineering, composite materials.
6.Ceramics and ceramic insulators.
7.Mica and glass, properties, applications if power electrical engineering.
8.Magnetic properties of materials and their relationship with technology.
9.Materials for magnetic circuits, applications if power electrical engineering.
10.Materials for conductive joining in electrical engineering - lead free solders and electrically conductive adhesives.
11.Materials for thin films, substrates for thin films.
12.Materials for thick films, substrates for thick films.
13.Materials for rigid and flexible printed circuit boards.
14.Nanomaterials, smart materials.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Prezentation of laboratory excercises.
2.Demonstration of laboratory excercises.
3.Measurement of anisotropy of Si sheets.
4.Measurement of properties of semiconductive Si
5.Mechanical properties of solids.
6.Dielectric properties of solids in dependence on the temperature.
8.Dielectric properties of solids in dependence on the frequency.
9.Measurement of resistivity of insulators.
10.Measurement of electrical strength of insulating foils.
11.Measurement of quality of contacts between thin and thick films.
12.Measurement of some properties of thick films.
13.Reserve, addition of missing measurements.
- Study Objective:
The aim is to identify the structure and properties of basic materials used in electrical power and to become familiar with the measurement of these properties. Acquired knowledge is essential for the subsequent courses of technological nature.
- Study materials:
1. Bouda, V., Hampl, J., Mach, P.: Properties and Processing of Materials, CTU 1999
2. Zachariason, R.: Electrical Materiále, Delmar Cengage Learning, 2007
3. Shugg, W. T.: Handbook of Electrical and Electronic Insulating Materiále, IEEE Press, 1995
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Applied Electrical Engineering 2016 (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management - Electrical Engineering and Management (compulsory course in the program)
- Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering and Management (compulsory course in the program)