Latex - creation of scientific and technical publications
- Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering
LaTeX is the most widely used program for writing professional and scientific documentation in the world. The goal of the course is a preparation of technical and scientific documentation in the LaTeX with export to the PDF and PS formats. Contents: document creation, template use, mathematical equations, drawing pictures, diagrams and technical preparation of presentation. PDF conversion, on-line processing. Transfer to html. Latex resource usage for writing equations on a website, Open/Libre-Office and MS Word 2010.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction to the course, the installation of the LaTeX, LaTeX online, linguistic environment, PDF and PS.
2. Texts, formats and mathematics. Introduction to professional and scientific work.
3. Writing text and textual environments.
4. Writing mathematics formulas.
5. Writing advanced math.
6. Structure of the document.
7. Entering and drawing pictures.
8. Drawing professional schemes.
9. Bibliography and citation.
10. Long documents, books.
11. Creating content and index.
12. Libre Office and LaTeX, LaTeX and MS Word, LaTeX and HTML.
13. Individual document.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: