- Department of Construction Management and Economics
Course is oriented mainly on practical applications of corporate construction management systems. It includes corporate strategy, corporate finance and budgeting, marketing and methods of business development, etc. Sustainable profitability of the construction business and the best practice at both - field and corporate level is explained.
No previous knowledge required.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Strategy and Construction Business
2. Business Strategies to Minimize the Risk of Business Failure, Risk management
3. Organizing in Construction Company
4. Contractors and Subcontractors
5. Estimating and Cost Accounting in Construction Business
6. Bidding and Contract Documents
7. Marketing and Business Development
8. Controlling in Construction Company
9. Human Resources & Ethics
10. How to Keep Construction Company Profitable
11. Leadership Challenges
12. Financially Troubled Contractor
13. Company Performance Checklist
14. Summary and Recap
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Tutorials correspond to the contents of lectures. They provide practical case studies and examples.
Participation in online computer construction business and entrepreneur game from CalPoly, CA, USA.
- Study Objective:
To provide view of contemporary business management.
- Study materials:
!Clough,R. et al. Construction Contracting: Practical Guide to Company Management, New Jersey : Wiley, 8th.ed. 2015. ISBN 978-1-118-69321-6.
!Schleifer, T.C., Sullivan, K. T., Murdough, J.M. Managing the Profitable Construction Business, New Jersey : Wiley, 2014. 978-1-118-83694-1.
?Civitello, A.M., Levy, S.M. Construction Operations Manual of Policies and Procedures, McGraw-Hill, 5th ed., 2014, ISBN 978-0071826945.
!Schaufelberger, J. Management of Construction Projects, New York : Routledge. 2nd ed. 2017, ISBN 978--1-138-69389.
?McCaffer, R., Harris, F., Edum-Fotwe, F. Modern Construction Management, Oxford : Wiley-Blackwell, 7th edition, 2013, ISBN 978-0-470-67217-4.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: