Costing and Bidding 2E
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Construction Management and Economics
Price and its importance, price factors, price strategies, types of contract, estimating at different stages of project, price setting data. Price creation - oriented to costs, demand and competition, method of price creation. Methods of creating the bid price. Labor and equipment rates per hour. IT support for estimating. Engineering and design activities pricing.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Pricing - oriented to costs, competition, demand. Calculation of the total costs of the construction project.
2. Statement of dimensions, list of works, budget and valuation documents
3. Tender documentation. Tender offer. Bid and contract price.
4. Valuation of project works and engineering activities
5.Controlling costs. Production, costing and final costing.
6. Calculation and analysis of construction life cycle costs. Valuation in individual phases of the construction project. Aggregated items
7. BIM and valuation of buildings
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1, 2. Calculation of the total costs of the construction project
3.-13. List of works with measurement statement, estimate
- Study Objective:
The aim of the subject is to teach the student the methods of estimating for tenders,
create a list of works with a statement of dimensions and a detailed itemized estimate. Furthermore, cost the project in individual phases of the life cycle.
- Study materials:
Brook, M.: Estimating and Tendering for Construction Work, Routledge, 2017, 5th edition ISBN 978-1-138-68716-5
Lewis, H.:Bids, Tenders & Proposals: winning business through best practice, 2009, Kogan Page, ISBN 978-0-7494-5420-3
The Chartered Insitute of Building: Code of Estimating Practice, 2009, Wiley-Blackwell. ISBN 978-1-4051-2971-8.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Stavební inženýrství, obor Management a ekonomika ve stavebnictví (compulsory course)