- The course cannot be taken simultaneously with:
- Wave Propagation for Wireless Links (B2M17SBS)
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Electromagnetic Field
The aim of the course is to provide deep knowledge of the wireless propagation channel in real environments for the planning of terrestrial and satellite wireless links. It will include a theoretical background for the radiowave propagation in the atmosphere of the Earth as well as design procedures recommended by ITU-R for selected applications, such as both terrestrial and satellite, fixed and mobile links in various frequency bands.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Wireless radio links - basic concepts, ITU-R recommendations
2. Physical aspects of electromagnetic wave propagation in the atmosphere
3. Space wave propagation in the troposphere
4. Wave reflection, scattering, refraction, and diffraction in various environments
5. Line-of-sight terrestrial links
6. Design procedures for line-of-sight terrestrial links
7. Terrestrial mobile radio links
8. Coverage planning for terrestrial mobile systems
9. Frequency planning in cellular networks
10. Fixed satellite links
11. Land Mobile Satellite Propagation Channel
12. Ground surface wave, radio links in LF/MF bands
13. Radiowave propagation in the ionosphere, HF radio links
14. Troposcatter, tools for planning of wireless links and systems
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
The aim of the course is to provide deep knowledge of the wireless propagation channel in real environments for the planning of terrestrial and satellite wireless links.
- Study materials:
1. Barclay L.W., Propagation of Radiowaves, 2nd edition, IEE, 2003.
2. Saunders, S., Aragon-Zavala, A., Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Communication Systems, 2nd Edition,
3. Freeman, R.L., Radio System Design for Telecommunications, 3rd Edition, Wiley, 2007.
4. ITU-R Recommendations - P Series.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Otevřené elektronické systémy - Vysokofrekvenční a digitální technika (compulsory course of the specialization)