Digital Signal Processing and Communication Laboratory
|A8B32DCL||Z||2||0P + 2C||Czech|
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Telecommunications Engineering
This is a shared practical laboratory jointly practicing theoretical foundations gained in Digital Signal Processing (B-DSP), Digital Communications (B-DCM) and Data Network Theory (B-DNT) courses. It demonstrates how these areas together allow designing a complex functional system. During the course, students will design a set of building blocks based on individual pieces of knowledge from the all above stated courses allowing at the end to build complex demonstration signal processing and communication systems. The laboratory uses a computer based simulation system platform (e.g. Matlab) to practically verify the system functionality and its performance. It also demonstrates how various CAD and mathematical SW tools can be used in designing the system.
- Syllabus of lectures:
The laboratory is organized in a block form (0+4) in weeks 8-14 in order to allow sufficient development of the theory in the corresponding lecture courses.
8. FIR filter design. Digital filter structures.
9. Linear digital modulator. Block and Convolutional encoder.
10. Shared medium access - deterministic, non-deterministic.
11. Simple ARQ automation.
12. 2-D signal processing.
13. Digital demodulator for AWNG linear channel. Block code decoder. Convolutional code decoder, Viterbi algorithm. Error rate performance evaluation.
14. Evaluation of the complete example demonstration system - e.g. filtered noisy image transfer over multi-hop shared medium network using coded digital modulation.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Open Electronic Systems (compulsory course of the specialization)