- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Physics
In these lectures the students will be acquaint with the discharge principle of the generation of the plasma with the high energy density in which the neutrons are produced. The today knowledge of basic research and application are presented and scenario of future evolution is discussed.
Knowledge of basic course of physics
02TEF1,2 Theoretical physics 1,2
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. The past and present of magnetic pinches, basic configurations and principles.
2. Important applications: z-pinch as the most powerful laboratory x-ray source, etc.
3. Modern pulsed-power technology, Marx generator, pulse-forming lines, magnetic insulation
4. Contemporary research topics: laboratory astrophysics, energetic particle production, nuclear fusion
5. Physic of magnetic pinches I: equilibrium pinch (Bennett pinch, energy balance, radiative collapse)
6. Physic of magnetic pinches II: dynamic pinch, magnetic Rayleigh-Taylor instability ans other related phenomena
7. Mechanisms of x-ray production
8. Ion and electron acceleration mechanism
9. Generation and detection of fast neutrons
10. Z-pinch in nuclear fusion research
11. Magnetohydrodynamics, frozen magnetic field, dissipation of magnetic field, magnetic energy and tension
12. Magneto-hydrostatics, force-free configurations, self-organization of magnetic field (magnetic dynamo, alpha effect, turbulence, non-ideal plasma, ball lightning
13. Z-pinch research in the USA, the European Union, Russia, China, and the Czech Republic
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
students will be acquaint with the discharge principle of the generation of the plasma with the high energy density in which the neutrons are produced
application of the above mentioned knowledge
- Study materials:
 M. Haines, A review of the dense Z-pinch, Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion vol. 53, 2011, art. no. 093001.
 Ryutov, Derzon, Matzen: The Physics of Fast Pinces, Review of Modern Physics, Vol 72, 2000, pp. 167 - 221.
 M.A. Liberman et al, Physics of High_Density Plasmas, Springer1998
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Fyzika a technika termojaderné fúze (compulsory course of the specialization)