History of Interior
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Interior Design
The history of interior and furniture as a constant transformation of the relationship between aesthetic feeling and technological innovation of material processing and development. Relation between the technological and design possibilities of shaping to the resulting aesthetic effect. Time stamps of craft and expression. Typical attributes and milestones of individual epochs and their relation to material culture. Presentation of exhibition stands. Design and construction of current assembly systems.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction, historical techniques and construction of furniture. 2. Egypt, Greece, Rome, medieval interios. 3. Renaissance, Baroque. 4. Interiors from the Seventeenth Century to the half of Nineteenth Century. 5. Historical techniques of decoration. 6. The second half of Nineteenth Century. 7. Ethnic ineriors. 8. The international Art Nuovo styles - inerior and furniture design. 9. „Moderna“ and central european Art Nuovo styles (Secession"). 10. Contemporary techniques of restoration and preserving of furniture and interiors. 11. Art Deco, Functionalism, Bauhaus, Alvar Aalto. 12. Czech interior and furniture design 1900 - 1938. 13.International styles 1945 - 1970. 14. International styles after 1970.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Judith Miller: Furniture 2. Edward, Lucie-Smith: Furniture - a Concise History. 3. Helena Hayward: World Furniture.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: