Practise in Physics
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Physics
The course is approaching physical phenomena, which may be commonly seen in real life and chapter of physics, which are not part of the curriculum of the basic course of physics to the students. Part of the teaching are experiments and field trips. There are many topics, which could be presented, for example the pendulum, the wave motion, principle of musical instruments, medical instruments, phenomena in the atmosphere, interesting examples from quantum physics, foundations of the theory of relativity.
- Syllabus of lectures:
Physics in practice
1. Mechanics: apparent forces, carousel motion, Foucalt's pendulum, yo-yo.
2. Oscillations, waves: Lissajous shapes, Chladni shapes, microwave principle, measurement of microwave wavelength, waves on the water surface, tsunami.
3. Fluids: vacuum pumps, overpressure, environmental resistance, basics of aerodynamics, boomerang, swamps.
4. Optics: optical fibers, rainbow, sky color, morgan fata.
5. Gravitational field: grav. fields inside the Earth, tidal phenomena, cosmic velocities, rocket motion.
6. Musical instruments - basic principles, tuning. Electric musical instruments.
7. Electricity and magnetism: photocells, accelerators, aurora borealis, storm.
8. Quantum physics: quantum physics from different perspectives, interesting examples.
9. Nuclear physics: radioactivity, nuclear power plants, the Big Bang.
10. Physics in medicine: ECG, X-ray, ultrasound, lasers, gamma knife, CT, PET, NMR, radiotherapy.
11. Excursion (eg school nuclear reactor FNSPE CTU Prague, Institute of Nuclear Research Řež).
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: