Protection Against Effects of Ionizing Radiation
- Garant předmětu:
- Tomáš Veselský
- Tomáš Veselský
- Department of Health Care Disciplines and Population Protection
The aim of the course is to give students an overview of the issues related to protection against ionizing radiation and dosimetry. Characteristics of basic types of ionizing radiation sources of ionizing radiation and its sources, interactions of Ionising radiation with matter, quantities and units used in dosimetry and radiation protection, detection of ionizing radiation and biological effects of ionizing radiation.)
Successful completion of a written test with the chosen answers. The test will include a total of 20 questions. The evaluation according to the ECTS grading scale.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Introduction to radiation protection
2. General definitions,physical quantities,history of radiation protection, natural sources of radiation
3. Biological effects of ionizing radiation
4. Principles and goals of radiation protection
5. Radiation protection for radiodiagnostic methods
6. Radiation protection for radiotherapy
7. Radiation protection for nuclear medicine
8. Introduction to Czech lawabout radiation protection
9. Introduction to nuclear physics
10. Radiation protection in clinical practice (Motol University Hospital)
11. Quality assurance in radiodignostics
12. Quality assurance in radiotherapy
13. Rector's day (13.5.2020)
14. Radiation protection for Leksell Gamma Knife
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Exercises are not.
- Study Objective:
The aim of the course is to give students an overview of the issues related to protection against ionizing radiation and dosimetry.
- Study materials:
TURNER, J. E. Atoms, radiation, and radiation protection. 3rd completely rev. and enl. ed. Weinheim: Wiley-VCH, c2007. ISBN 978-3-527-40606-7.
L'ANNUNZIATA, Michael F. Handbook of radioactivity analysis. 2nd ed. San Diego: Academic Press, 2003. ISBN 0124366031.
Martin, J. E. And Lee, C.: Principles of Radiological Health and Safety, Wiley - Intersience, New Jersey, 2003
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
Mon Tue WedroomÚVN
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Biomedical Technician - full time study in English (compulsory course)