Management of Health Care Technology
- Garant předmětu:
- Jiří Hozman
- Václav Bláha, Jiří Hozman
- Václav Bláha, Iva Kotenová
- Department of Biomedical Technology
Models for different health care facilities. Medical devices: their selection and purchase, safety and reliable operation, decommissioning and ecological liquidation. External maintenance based on agreements. Methodology of the internal maintenance. Safety risk assessment. Valid legislation and technical norms. Relationships technician-medical doctor, technician-nurse and technician-patient. Rights, duties and responsibilities of the technicians in medical health care.
There is necessary and mandatory attendance for all exercises. Apology is possible in case of one case only (only serious reasons). The course ends with assessment and exam. As regards assessment, there are required 3 mandatory presentations, i.e. presentation (PPT, PPTX or PDF file) of the topic „organizational chart of the typical hospital in my country“ (including www links), presentation (PPT, PPTX or PDF file) of the topic „legislation of the medical device in my country“ (including www links) and presentation (PPT, PPTX or PDF file) of the typical technical standard (norm) for medical devices in my country (including www links). As regards exam test, i.e. 20 questions with three possible answers, only one is always correct - multiple choices) evaluated with respect to the grading scale ECTS. Max. number of points is 100, i.e. for one right answer 5 points and for wrong answer 0 point. The minimum number of points is 50 pts for this exam test.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Models for different health care facilities. Description of the health care services in the Czech Republic including basic legislation.
2. Medical devices: their selection and purchase, safety and reliable operation, decommissioning and ecological liquidation. SW for administration of medical devices. Technical data of medical devices role.
3. Safety risk assessment. Classification of medical devices into relevant classess.
4. External maintenance based on agreements. Methodology of the internal maintenance.
5. Metrology. Approved working gauges, working measuring instruments (or working gauges). Calibration, verification, validation
6. Valid legislation and technical norms.
7. Relationships technician-medical doctor, technician-nurse and technician-patient.
Rights, duties and responsibilities of the technicians in medical health care.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Act No. 268/2014 Coll. on Medical Devices
2. EFAS - SW for administration of medical devices, technical data of medical devices and their role
3. Selection and purchasing of med. devices. Processing of competiting tender documentation - technical parameters of medical devices. Conditions of competitive tenders.
4. Organization of a mainanance plan - internal and external maintanance. Calculation of financial effectiveness. Service contracts. Working with user manual.
5. Metrology. Approved working gauges,Working measuring instruments (or working gauges). Calibration, Verification, validation
6. Legislation in health care operations
7. Presentation of the student
- Study Objective:
The main goal is to approach the real working environment of the clinical technician including all aspects of this profession (everyday problem solutions are included ). The most important procedures which are performed by clinical technicians are included.
- Study materials:
All books and electronic information sources are available within the library!
 Keith Willson, Keith Ison, Slavik Tabakov: Medical Equipment Management. CRC Press, 2013. 344 p. ISBN 9781420099584 (higly recommended - pp. 7-27, p. 53, pp. 63-73, pp. 193-215, supplement Electrical Safety - all pages)
 Encyclopedia of Medical Devices and Instrumentation - John G. Webster, http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/mrwhome/112102158/HOME (authorized access http://knihovny.cvut.cz)
 Wiley Encyclopedia of Biomedical Engineering [online]. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., c1999-2007. Poslední změna 2007 [cit. 2007-05-11]. URL: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/mrwhome/112403272/HOME (authorized access http://knihovny.cvut.cz)
 Webster, J. G. Medical Instrumentation. Application and Design. 3. ed. Boston: Wiley. 1997
 Bronzino, J. D. The Biomedical Engineering Handbook (Volume I. and II.). 2nd ed. Boca Raton: CRC Press. 1999
 Introduction to biomedical engineering / John D. Enderle, Susan M. Blanchard, Joseph D. Bronzino [editors]. - San Diego : Academic Press, c2000. - xvii, 1062 s. : il. - ISBN 0-12-238660-4.
 Introduction to biomedical equipment technology / Joseph J. Carr, John M. Brown.. - Upper Saddle River : Prentice Hall, c2001.. - xv, 743 s.,  s. příl. : il. - ISBN 0-13-010492-2.
 A guide to patient care technology : a review of medical equipment / Laurence J. Street. - London : Parthenon, c2002. - ix, 142 s.
 The biomedical engineering handbook. volume I / editor-in-chief Joseph D. Bronzino. - Boca Raton : CRC Press, c2000. - 1 sv. : il. - ISBN 0-8493-0461-X.
 The biomedical engineering handbook. volume II / editor-in-chief Joseph D. Bronzino. - Boca Raton : CRC Press, c2000. - 1 sv. : il. - ISBN 0-8493-0462-8.
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
Lab. nemoc. infor. systémůroomKL:B-730
Demo. lab. LPT, ZS a VP
Wed Thu Fri
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Biomedical Technician - full time study in English (compulsory course)