Marketing of Medical Technology
- Department of Biomedical Technology
Marketing fundamentals, products management, basic knowledge concerning export activities in the field of marketing and commercial health care technology. Practical cases are presented including health care technology companies from the Czech Republic. Discussion and analysis of the real products are included in the exercises.
Conditions for completing the course:
A. The condition for the successful completion of the course is processing of case study and performing a test.
B. Case Study is entered and processed during the semester and test is carried out during the exam period after completion of the course or at the end of the semester (e.g. last week).
Case study is processed by the students within the team and evaluation of the results is performed for the whole team.
D. Processing of the case study means maximum of 40 points but for a successful evaluation within the scope of assessment is required at least 20 points.
E. Within the test student can obtain maximum of 60 points for successful completion of the test but there is requirement to obtain at least 30 points.
F. Test contains a total of 30 questions rated in points 1-5 points.
Graded credit (assessment), i.e. the overall rating of the course:
-Assessment Test is one of the factors within the overall evaluation of the course,
-final grade arises from the arithmetic average rating of work during the semester (case studies) and test evaluation.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1.Marketing: philosophy, systems and basic terms/ SWOT analysis - Case study (MedTech marketing)
2.The Medtech industry: Conceptual clarification and description of MedTech MKT
3.Sinua MedTech model: MKT idea
4.Market value and market estimate, Pricing, The Business model, The Business case, Different investment opportunities
5.Customer segmentation, Sales funnel and sales cycle, User involvement, Key opinion leaders
6. Intended use, Features and benefits, Key messages, Value proposition, Competitive positioning
7. Market access and commercial tactics, Regulation of MD worldwide, EU regulation - steps for entering to the market,
8. Hierarchy of evidence, Types of documentation
9. The communication plan, Communication developement process, Communication tools
10. Different perspectives of on the MedTech industry - the business view
11. Different perspectives of on the MedTech industry - the customer view
12. Selected chapters in MedTech Marketing
13. Selected chapters in MedTech Marketing
14. Overview /Final test
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Exercises are devoted to the:
2.lectures of an experts from the field of special branches of marketing,
3.actual info from the health care,
4.consulting of term project within the students groups under supervising of teacher
- Study Objective:
To introduce with marketing theory fundamentals, define and present rules concerning health care technology commercial marketing, marketing theory applied to the most common cases in health care technology teach students marketing fundamentals in practical situations.
- Study materials:
 Piester, C.: MedTech marketing. Gyldendal Akademisk. 2017
 Kotler, P.: Marketing management. Prentice Hall. 11th edition. 2002.
 Kotler, P., Armstrong, G.: Marketing: An Introduction. Prentice Hall. 2006.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Biomedical Technician - full time study in English (compulsory elective course)