Urbanism 2 - History
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Urban Design and Planning
The obligatory subject concentrates on the basis for understanding of problems of historical experience followed by topics concerning perception, evaluation and use of urban space, concept and compositional problems in issues concerning various scales of urban areas.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Impact of urban form on the human being. 2. Historical experience I. (Planning and design of urban forms.) 3. Historical experince II. 4. Man and space, sensual facility and nature of perception. 5. Perceptions understanding, evaluation and use of urban space. 6. Concept of urban space. 7. Composition of urban space. 8. Theory of urban design. 9. Theory of cities. 10. Natural conditions in urban design, urbanistic composition in different scales of urban areas. 11. Compositional problems of cities. 12. Compositional problems of zones and urban structures. 13. Compositional problems in regions and landscape. 14. Praha - evolution of its urban form. 15. Praha - compositional principles.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Maier, Karel - Hexner, Michal - Kibic, Karel: Urban Development of Prague: History and Present Issues, ČVUT, Praha, 1998. 2. Kriér, L.: Architecture - Choice or Faith, Andreas Papadakis Publisher, London, 1997.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: