Chinese (beginners 1)
- Garant předmětu:
- Petra Martincová
- Petra Martincová
- Department of Languages
The course includes teaching standard Chinese. In the first semester, students will be introduced to pinyin, which will enable them to read and write all Chinese syllables. They will also learn the basics of writing Chinese characters, as well as how to write and recognize several of them. They will learn to use and understand basic phrases on the following topics.
Topics: basic greetings and courtesy phrases, introductions, countries, jobs, leisure time.
Grammar: word order in a sentence, forming questions, sentences with adjectival prepositions, sentences with the verb identification shi, forming complement questions, sentences with verbal prepositions.
- Syllabus of lectures:
This course is not a lecture but practical session:
Course code: 104XCI1
Duration: 2 hours / 1 semester
For more information see Outline and Syllabus of Exercises
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Placement test, requirements
2. Introductory student presentations, university studies, Lesson I from the professional texts
3. Vocabulary practice from Lesson I, grammar and listening exercises
4. Lesson II, topic: Building materials and their properties - reading and translation, speaking (pair work).
5.Topic: Industrial Revolution, grammar and translation exercises, presentation
6.Lesson III, topic: Concrete, its types, properties and uses, grammar exercises, listening
7.Reading and translating mathematical and physical expressions, identifying geometric shapes, vocabulary test
8. Lesson IV, topic: Construction of buildings - individual parts, load-bearing and non-load-bearing structures, building services, speaking (pair work)
9. Energy efficient building, skyscrapers - description and design, review test, grammar exercises
10. Lesson V, topic: Different architectural styles, description of buildings, social housing - discussion, presentation
11. Topic: Typology of buildings - residential and others, basic urban concepts, design of public spaces, group work
12. Modern architecture, discussion, presentation
13. Summary of the course content, credit test
- Study Objective:
Perfectly master the specifics of Chinese pronunciation - pronounce and recognize Chinese vowels and 4 tones, learn to recognize (and ideally) write about 200 basic characters,
- Study materials:
Moderní čínština pro nesinology.
Dluhošová a kol. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého, 2011. Ke stažení:
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2023/2024:
Mon Tue WedroomTH:B-155
Thákurova 7 (budova FSv)
- Time-table for summer semester 2023/2024:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans: