Multimedia and Graphics Applications
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Computer Graphics and Interaction
The aim of this course is to provide theory behind geometric modeling and modeling of materials, give students an overview of methods used in the process of creating 2D and 3D graphics and how to apply those methods in praxis. At the seminars, students will learn how to design and create three-dimensional scene, create and apply textures imitating materials (e.g., wall finishes, wood, sky) and geometrical details, and position and set-up lights in the scene.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Polygonal representation of 2D and 3D objects.
2. Polygonal modeling of 3D objects
3. Polynomial representation and modeling of 2D objects with Beziér curves
4. Polynomial representation and modeling of 2D objects with B-spline curves
5. Polynomial representation and modeling of 3D objects
6. Subdivision surfaces and other 3D modeling techniques
7. Color perception and representation
8. Light, color, and materials in 3D modeling
9. Representing materials with textures
10. 2D raster graphics
11. Operations with raster images
12. Levels of detail
13. Procedural modeling of 2D and 3D objects
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction to the course, mathematics for computer graphics
2. Introduction to the 3D modeling software
3. Using primitive objects and modifiers to block 3D object
4. Free-form modeling of 3D object
5. Free-form modeling of 3D object
6. Sculpting a 3D object
7. 1st test
8. Materials of 3D models
9. Texturing of 3D models
10. Texture painting and texture baking
11. Image composition
12. Levels of detail
13. 2nd test
- Study Objective:
The aim of this course is to give to students an overview of methods to create 2D and 3D graphics content and how to apply those methods in praxis.
- Study materials:
 S. Marschner and P. Shirley, Fundamentals of Computer Graphics, 4th edition, CRC Press, 2016.
 Jiří Žára, Bedřich Beneš, Jiří Sochor, Petr Felkel. Moderní počítačová grafika, 2. vydání. Computer Press, 2005.
 I. Kerlow, Mistrovství 3D animace, Computer Press, 2011.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: