Electric Drives and Traction 2
- Department of Electric Drives and Traction
Electro mobiles and hybrid cars. Tire train and rolling resistance. Adhesion. Traction power. Locomotive traction power calculation for defined train load and track. Mass transportation vehicles. Tramway with resistive control, pulse control and induction motors. Tramway power-electronic converters. Trolley-busses. Metro. Electric locomotives - various designs. Locomotive power-converters. DC, AC and multi-system locomotives. AC motor locomotives. Diesel-electric locomotives
Credit conditions: Attendance by the study laws, activity during the exercises, checled laboratory reports. Defense of the semestral work
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Sizing and design of drives with asynchronous motors.
2. Sizing of drives with asynchronous motors fed by the frequency converter.
3. Drives with a fan characteristic.
4. Electric drives in explosive environments.
5. Reliability of electrical drives.
6. Electric actuators for special purposes.
7. Technical documentation.
8. Mobility in society and its energy consequences.
9. Hybridization and electrification drive cars.
10. Systems of hybrid cars.
12. Trams in public transport.
13. Electric locomotives.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction, occupational safety
2. Dimensioning of drives with induction machines
3. Mathematical model of a DC machine - deriving
4. Mathematical model of a DC machine - realization
5. Mathematical model of a DC machine - influence of parameters changing
6. Control loops of a DC motor
7. Mathematical model of an induction machine
8. Field oriented control of an induction motor ? introduction
9. Field oriented control of an induction motor ? model
10. Field oriented control vs. scalar control of an induction motor, influence of parameters changing
11. Traction drive - simulation 1
12. Traction drive - simulation 2
13. Traction drive - simulation 3
14. Reports checking
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
 CHIASSON, John Nelson. Modeling and high performance control of electric machines. Hoboken: Wiley, 2005. ISBN 0-471-68449-X.
 LEONHARD, Werner. Control of electrical drives. 3rd ed. Berlin: Springer, 2001. xviii, 460 s. ISBN 3-540-41820-2.
 IWNICKI, S., ed. Handbook of railway vehicle dynamics. Boca Raton: CRC/Taylor & Francis, 2006. 535 s. ISBN 0-8493-3321-0.
 OGUNSOLA, Ade a Andrea MARISCOTTI. Electromagnetic compatibility in railways: analysis and management. 1st ed. New York: Springer, 2012. xix, 528 s. Lecture notes in electrical engineering; 168. ISBN 978-3-642-30280-0.
 Steimel, A.: Electric Traction-Motive Power and Energy Supply. München, Oldenburg Industrieverlag, 2008.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: