Power Engineering 2
- Department of Electrical Power Engineering
The subject is focused on the task of electrical energy transmission and distribution. It introduces particular components of electrical systems and their electrical parameters. It explains steady and failure states in ES and other transient events. It explains principles of electrical devices protections, dimensioning principles and electrical stations realization in the transmission and distribution system.
Requirements to obtain the assessment are exercises attendance and a term thesis elaborating.
Successful exam passing is determined in the Study and Examination Code of CTU in Prague.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Electrical distribution types, electrical system components.
2. Electrical parameters of ES elements.
3. Voltage drops in electrical distribution.
4. Steady states in three-phase systems.
5. Unbalance, symmetrical components.
6. Longitudinal and cross faults.
7. Failure states calculations.
8. Static and dynamic stability in ES.
9. Transient events on powerlines with distributed parameters.
10. Electrical protections theory and principles.
11. Electrical protections types.
12. Conductors dimensioning in electrical distribution.
13. Electrical stations.
14. Grounding in electrical distribution.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Basic power engineering quantities.
2. Longitudinal powerline parameters calculation.
3. Cross powerline parameters calculation.
4. Homogenous powerline, substitution elements.
5. Voltage drops, node networks.
6. Numerical methods for ES steady states.
7. Symmetrical components, zero transformer diagrams.
8. Three-phase short-circuits.
9. Unbalanced short-circuits.
10. Ground faults.
11. Static and dynamic stability.
12. Reactive power compensation.
13. Electrical distribution dimensioning.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
Study materials are available at www.powerwiki.cz.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: