- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Measurement
The course deals with theory and description of function of aircraft's low
frequency instruments and systems. Students test them and measure their
parameters in laboratory courses.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Airborne instruments; basic overview; purpose and use, cockpit equipment,
alignment according to the aircraft
2. Engine parameters, overview, and units. Revolution measurement of
turbojet and propeller engines.
3. Cylinder head and exhaust gas temperature measurement. Anti-ice systems.
4. Torque, fuel used and fuel flow and engine vibration measurement.
5. Complex system for engine parameters measurement.
6. Fuel system, measurement of total and critical amount of fuel.
7. Barometrical and inertial measurement of altitude. Altimeters and their
types. Standard atmosphere.
8. Aerometrical flight measurement, theory, Speedometer construction
9. Vertical speed measurement, mach-number measurement, machmeters and
10. Aerometric data computer, process of data calculation, aerometrical
11. Mechanical gyroscopes. Gyro-horizon, correction system. Rate-of-turn
12. Magnetic compass. Gyro-magnetic compass; principles of operation and
13. Inertial navigation systems; principles of operation. Strapdown inertial
system; structure and description.
14. Central flight, navigation and monitoring airborne systems.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Revolution indicator measurement
2. Exhaust-gas temperature indicator check
3. Check of the system for torque measurement
4. Measurement of parameters of the fuel pressure sensor and oil pressure
5. Fuel consumption indicator check
6. Altimeter indicator calibration using PC system
7. Speed indicator calibration using PC system
8. Check of the airborne variometer
9. Measurement of precessional drift of the gyroscope
10. Evaluation of the gyroscope drift during simulated axis movement
11. Measurement of parameters of the gyroscope rate-of-turn indicator
12. Gyro-horizon parameter measurement and function demonstration
13. Gyro-magnetic compass check
14. Simulation of central monitoring aircraft system by PC
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Michael H. Tooley: Aircraft Digital Electronic and Computer Systems:
Principles, Operation and Maintenance. Butterworth-Heinemann (11 Dec 2007)
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: