Power Systems Operation
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Electrical Power Engineering
The subject deals with legislative and technical conditions of electrical power systems operation. It covers systems operation at all voltage levels, basic system quantities control at both supply and consumption side, system dispatching control. It also informs about systems interconnection and extraordinary states.
Requirements to obtain the assessment are exercises attendance and a term thesis elaborating.
Successful exam passing is determined in the Study and Examination Code of CTU in Prague.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Power engineering legal framework.
2. Energy legislation, electricity market.
3. Electrical power engineering and the environment.
4. LV and MV systems operations.
5. HV systems operations.
6. Grounding systems.
7. Voltage control in ES.
8. Frequency control in ES.
9. Power plant block control.
10. Transmission and distribution systems dispatchings.
11. Interconnected electrical systems.
12. Isolated ES model.
13. Island operation, black-out.
14. Gas and heat networks.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Basic control notions, systems description.
2. Control circuits, control quality.
3. Load diagrams.
4. Static characteristics P-f.
5. Heat cycles in power plants.
6. Consumption side control.
7. Transformer neutral point grounding calculation.
8. Turbogenerator model.
9. TG operation to an island system simulation.
10. Electrification system.
11. Czech ES basic indicators.
12. Transmission system code.
13. Distribution system code.
14. Ancillary and system services.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
Study materials are available at www.powerwiki.cz.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: