CAD and Microwave Circuits
- The course is a substitute for:
- CAD for Microwaves (XD17CAM)
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Electromagnetic Field
This course provides its students with principles and techniques used in modern microwave circuits as well as with basic design methods used in such systems. Basic overwiev of elements and detailed information on selected circuit design is provided. Students gain design experience during exercises.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction - microwave technology and its specifics, wave propagating through an electric circuit.
2. Transmission lines and waves, standing waves, narrowband impedance matching.
3. Broadband impedance matching, Fano limit, correspondence between matching circuits and filters
4. Multiport matching, stability of a two-port, single stage amplifier design
5. Real lines used in MIO design, microstrip line, coplanar waveguide
6. Line discontinuities
7. Coupled lines, couplers
8. Power dividers, directional couplers
9. Circuit optimization, error function, local and global methods
10. Nonlinear microwave circuit analysis, harmonic balance
11. Numerical analysis of electromagnetiuc field and field simulators in frequency domain.
12. Time domain analysis (FDTD, FETD)
13. Optoelectrronic circuits
14. Modern trends (MEMS, metamaterials)
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction. Problems resulting from finite circuit dimensions - and how to make use of it.
2. (Standing) waves on transmission lines, impedance transformation, impedance matching using lines and stubs.
3. Introduction to CAD system. Individual task assignment.
4. Broadband matching circuit design - analytic, optimization.
5. Single stage transistor amplifier design (unconditionally stable transistor) - rf part.
6. Návrh napájecích obvodů zesilovače.
7. Návrh motivu zesilovače v planární struktuře.
8. Task 1 finalization.
9. Optimization method comparison.
10. Design - task 2.
11. Design - task 2.
12. Fierld simulator.
13. Optoelectronic circuit simulation.
14. Task submission. Assesment.
- Study Objective:
This course provides its students with principles and techniques used in modern microwave circuits as well as with basic design methods used in such systems.
- Study materials:
 Gupta, K.C., Garg, R., Chadha, R.: Computer-Aided Design of Microwave Circuits. Artech House, Dedham 1981
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: