Dynamics and control of robots
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Cybernetics
The subject undrestands the robot as a dynamical system. Its design, identification, control and programming will be introduced. The methods can be used for other electromechanic systems, e.g., production machines and manipulation devices.
The knowledge of basic methods of dynamic modeling of mechanical systems. The knowledge of the basic method of kinematical analysis of spatial mechanisms and especially robots (inverse kinematical problem, direct kinematical problem). The knowledge of basic methods of the control of systems.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Basic methods of dynamical modeling - Newton-Euler equations.
2. Basic methods of dynamical modeling - principle of virtual work, Lagrange equations.
3. Special methods for dynamics in robotics - inverse dynamics problem, composite rigid body method, recursive methods.
4. Modeling of robot dynamics with flexible bodies - eigenfrequencies, eigenmodes, flexible multibody modeling.
5. Planning of robot motion, analysis of dynamic capabilities of robot on the trajectories.
6. Synthesis of kinematic and dynamic properties and structure of robots.
7. Kinematic calibration of robots.
8. Usage of dynamical model and inverse dynamics problem for robot control.
9. Basic methods of robot control - positioning control and force control, decentrilize and centralize control.
10. Model predictive control - basics of method.
11. Model predictive control of robots.
12. Comparison of basic control methods of robot and model predictive control.
13. Some special types of robots - parallel, parallel with redundant drives, robots with hierarchical structure of actuators.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction, organization, safety of work. Exercise with
planar parallel manipulator, direct and inverse kinematics, force and torque in joints.
2. Construction of dynamic model of manipulator by Newton-Euler equations. Dynamic model for simulation.
3. Consultations, solving assignment 1.
4. Solution of robot inverse dynamic. Model for calculation of forces.
5. Consultations, solving assignment 2.
6. Modeling of robot dynamics with flexible bodies. Computation of deflections by direct integration.
7. Consultations, solving assignment 3.
8. Example of kinematic calibration of robot. Introduction of calibration parameters. Selection of calibration positions.
9. Consultations, solving assignment 4.
10. Basic methods of robot control. Connecting dynamic model with designing of controller. Method of computed torque.
11. Consultations, solving assignment 5.
12. Predictive control of simple robot. Simulation model of robot with predictive control.
13. Consultations, solving assignment 6.
14. Credits. Finishing of uncompleted assignments.
- Study Objective:
The main goals of the study of subject are the student skills in the field of the dynamic analysis of robots, their design, identification and control. The knowledge from the control system theory will be applied to robot control problems. The knowledge from the identification, synthesis and calibration will be extended and applied to robotics.
- Study materials:
1.Pires, J.N. Industrial Robots Programming, Springer Berlin, 2006, 282 s.
2.Sciavicco, L., Siciliano, B., Modelling and Control of Robot Manipulators, Springer Berlin 2001.
3.Vidyasagar M., Spong M.W. Robot Dynamics and Control, Wiley 1989, 336 s.
4.More information on http://cw.felk.cvut.cz/doku.php/courses/a3b33drr/
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: