Data Acquisition and Transfer
- Department of Measurement
Subject is devoted to distributed and centralized DAQ systems and to the design of their elements. Selected industrial interfaces and buses (CAN, Profibus, HART, Modbus, Ethernet), VXI/PXI systems, USB and wireless sensor networks (ZigBee, WiFi) are presented in detail in order to provide information required for efficient design of their components. Project-oriented laboratories provide students with practical experience in the implementation of modern DAQ systems.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Centralized and distributed systems, communication methods, synchronization, time in distributed systems.
2. Design, simulation and implementation of physical interface, methods for increased EMC immunity.
3. USB, standard description, HW and SW design of USB device.
4. CAN a CANopen standard description, HW and SW design of CANopen device.
5. Profibus, ASI, Interbus, LON, Modbus, HART, FF, KNX - HW and SW design examples.
6. Ethernet, PoE, Auto Negotiation, Ethernet (L2) implementation.
7. Methods and tools for communication analysis in distributed systems (oscilloscope, analyzers, data loggers).
8. PCI/PXI, standard description and interface design.
9. VME/VXI, standard description and interface design.
10. Wireless systems (WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee ), HW and SW design of the ZigBee sensor.
11. Measurement methods for communication analysis in wireless systems.
12. Windows and Linux driver implementation (for USB and PCI devices).
13. FPGA employment for implementation of interfaces.
14. Internet based DAQ systems, TCP/IP stack implementation.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction of laboratory projects, project selection .
2. Project implementation (USB, PCI, Ethernet, ZigBee, CAN ).
3. Project implementation.
4. Project implementation.
5. Project implementation.
6. Project implementation.
7. Project implementation.
8. Project status presentation and evaluation.
9. Project implementation.
10. Project implementation.
11. Project implementation.
12. Project implementation.
13. Project implementation.
14. Final project presentation, assessment.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Halsall, F.: Data Communications, Computer Networks and Open Systems, Adison Wesley 1996, ISBN 978-0201422931
2. Hristu-Varsekalis, D.: Handbook of Networked and Embedded Control Systems, Birkhäuser Boston 2008, ISBN 978-0817632397
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: