Telecommunications Systems Management
|XP32RTS||ZK||4||2P + 2C||Czech|
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Telecommunications Engineering
Telecommunications Systems Management is a discipline which deals problems of interactions of technical and business aspects of management of telecommunication networks and services provided.
The exam is written and oral. The minimum requirement is 60% correct answers to the given questions.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Telecommunication network and its structure.
2. Management of telecommunications network.
3. Telecommunications products market.
4. Regulation and state administration of telecommunications.
5. Liberalization of telecommunications market and its incidence.
6. Recent developments of optical communications systems (seminar)
7. Segmentation of telecommunications market and its incidence.
8. Problems of efficient servicing of telecommunications market segments.
10. Telecommunications operator structure.
10. Telecommunication operator key activities.
11. Role of supporting systems in telecommunications operator activities.
12. Formalized methods of ICT systems management.
13. Formalized and standardized methods of process management in telecommunications.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Students learn the technical, legislative and business aspects of telecommunications and their interactions. The student will have the information and skills to use when working in the departments of information technology of companies and institutions.
- Study materials:
Khader, M. - Barnes, W.: Telecommunication Systems and Technology, Prentice Hall, 1999
Jones, N.V.: Telecommunication Management. Virtualbookworm.com Publishing, 2004
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Doctoral studies, daily studies (compulsory elective course)
- Doctoral studies, combined studies (compulsory elective course)
- Doctoral studies, structured daily studies (compulsory elective course)
- Doctoral studies, structured combined studies (compulsory elective course)