- Department of Electrical Power Engineering
The subject introduces power plants of all kinds dimensioning and functions. It describes diagrams topologies, operational modes, control and safety problems solutions. It models dynamics and control of main part in all power plants types. It evaluates and describes control qualities and programmes.
Requirements to obtain the assessment are exercises attendance and a term thesis elaborating.
Successful exam passing is determined in the Study and Examination Code of CTU in Prague.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Conception and standard for design of power plants equipment. Topology of power plants diagrams.
2. Contingency analysis of electrical part of power plants.
3. Information network and sequence automatics in power plants.
4. Operation modes to infinite bus or isolated network. Primary control of power blocks.
5. Power plants network relaying.
6. Conception and standards for electrical protection setting. Standard projects.
7. Unit auxiliaries network automata and relaying.
8. Protection and operation modes of distributed generations.
9. Dynamics, models, control and operation modes of steam turbines.
10. Dynamics, models, control and operation modes of hydro turbines.
11. Dynamics, models, control and operation modes of boilers and steam generators.
12. Kinetics and dynamic models of nuclear reactors.
13. Security and control systems of nuclear reactors.
14. Control programs of steam and nuclear power plants.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Design of basic equipments examples.
2. Contingency analysis examples.
3. Visit to power station.
4. Building of dynamic model for operation modes to infinite bus with simple dynamic model of P-f and Q-U primary control.
5. Electrical protection relay setting examples.
6. Electrical protection relay measuring.
7. Sequential automatic example.
8. Building of simulation model of group of asynchronous motors.
9. Building of simulation model of steam turbine.
10. Building of simulation model of hydraulic turbine.
11. Building of simulation model of steam generator.
12. Building of simulation model of wind power plant.
13. Building of simulation model of nuclear reactor.
14. Measuring on school nuclear reactor.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
Study materials are available at www.powerwiki.cz.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: