Instrumentation for Data Acqusition and Proces Control
- Department of Measurement
An automation of production, quality control or research and development are based on the use of data acquisition systems. Different types of standardized systems, their parameters, programming, and applications are described here. Laboratories are pointing to the programming of frequently used systems using different developing tools.
Survey of the evaluation of teaching at FEE: http://www.fel.cvut.cz/anketa/aktualni/courses/AE3B38PRT
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Instrumentation for data acquisition (DAQ) systems - overview
2. Sensors for non electrical quantities measurement and circuits for the connection.
3. Circuits for analog signal processing. Linearization, autocalibration.
4. Digitization of analog signals, methods for digital signal processing. Data interpretation and methods for improvement of measurement accuracy.
5. Hardware for data acquisition and control, industrial controllers.
6. Noise and noise reduction methods.
7. Operating systems for DAQ systems. Development of software applications.
8. Integrated development systems. The use of C/C++ language and graphical programming (LabVIEW, VEE).
9. Standards for DAQ systems programming (SCPI, VISA, IVI).
10. Automation of laboratory experiments.
11. Modular DAQ systems, serial interfaces, wireless measurement systems.
12. Modular instrumentation, virtual instruments.
13. Structure of multifunction DAQ modules, programming.
14. Integration of DAQ and control systems, practical aspects, realization.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. LabWindows and LabVIEW, introduction
2. Task No. 1: programming systems based on IEEE 488, RS-232, USB or Ethernet; basic programming techniques.
3. Task No. 1: multimeter - simplified programming overview.
4. Task No. 1: the SCPI status model.
5. Task No. 1: data blocks transfer.
6. Task No. 1 - testing.
7. Task No. 1 - presentation.
8. Task No. 2: programming systems based on PCI or PXI; basic programming techniques; DC voltage measurement.
9. Task No. 2: sampling analog channels; data processing.
10. Task No. 2 - presentation
11. Task No. 3: distributed DAQ system based on RS-485, introduction.
12. Task No. 3: distributed DAQ system - basic programming techniques
13. Task No. 3: the use of TEDIA or ADVANTECH modules, development and debugging.
14. Task No. 3 - presentation, evaluation.
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
 J. Park, S. Mackay: Practical Data Acquisition for Instrumentation and Control Systems. Newnes 2003, ISBN: 978-0750657969
 R.B. Northrop: Introduction to Instrumentation and Measurements. CRC 2005, ISBN: 978-0849337734
 H.R. Taylor: Data Acquisition for Sensor Systems. Springer 1997, ISBN: 78-0-412-78560-3
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: