New Control Methods for Electric Drives
- Jiří Lettl (guarantor)
- Department of Electric Drives and Traction
The aim of the course is to introduce students to the latest issues of control and regulation of electric drives, taking into account the focus of their doctoral work.
Its purpose is to optimize electromechanical energy conversion parameters in electric drive systems and relevant power electronics, in particular by using modern control and regulation algorithms. The course is mainly focused on electric AC drives, especially drives with asynchronous and synchronous motors.
Knowledge of Electrical Engineering in extent of CTU lectures.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. System of modern controlled electric drive, overview of the ways of controlling electric drives
2. Types of AC drive vector control, principles, properties
3. Types of AC drive direct control, principles, properties
4. Specifics of control of synchronous motors with permanent magnets
5. Possibilities of AC drive sensorless control
6. Control of electric drives with the use of observers, RF-MRAS and CB-MRAS methods
7. Using Luenberger observer and Kalman filter
8. Sliding mode control for electric drives
9. Predictive control of electric drives
10. Specifics of traction drive control
11. Hybrid drives for mobile vehicles
12. Diagnostics and sensors of electric drives
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Goal of the study is to help the doctor students to solve the electric drive control problems connected with their doctor thesis.
- Study materials:
Ned Mohan, William P. Robbins, Tore M. Undeland: Power Electronics: Converters, Applications and Design, 3rd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, March 2003
Bimal K. Bose: Power Electronics and Variable Frequency Drives : Technology and Applications John Wiley & Sons, Inc. -IEEE Press, New York, September 1996
H. Klee, Simulation of Dynamic Systems with MATLAB and Simulink. CRC Press, 2007
CHIASSON, John Nelson. Modeling and high performance control of electric machines. Hoboken: Wiley, 2005. ISBN 0-471-68449-X.
W. Leonhard, Control of Electrical Drives. Berlin, Germany: Springer, 2012.
- Time-table for winter semester 2021/2022:
Mon Tue WedroomT2:B3-259
- Time-table for summer semester 2021/2022:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans: