Nanoelectronics and Nanotechnology
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Microelectronics
The subject is oriented on the present nanotechnologies in the connection with their electronic, photonic and spintrinic applications. Quantum theory basics are used to explain the effects observed in nanostructures. Basic nanoelectronic structures are described with their possible applications. Modern computer methods and models, which are able to simulate the operation of nanoelectronic structures and which are the important tools for their design and optimalisation, are studied.
Basics of quantum mechanics, basics of semiconductor physics and device electronics.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction - the Way to Nanoelectronics
2. Quanatum Effects in Nanostructures
3. Quantum states and wavefunctions calculations
4. Quantum transport models
5. Simulation of Nanoelectronic Devices
6. TCAD Systems
7. Modern Epitaxy
9. 2D Systems, Resonant Tunneling Devices, HFETs
10. 1D Systems, Nanowires
11. Quantum Dots, Single-Electron Transistors
12. Spintronic Nanodevices
13. Nanoelectronics with Superconducting Devices
14. Molecular electronics, Bottom - up Concept
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Seminary: Semiconductor Electronics - Basics
2. Seminary: Quantum Effects in Nanostructures
3. Seminary: Quantum Effects Applications
4. Nanodevice Simulation Tools
5. RTD Simulation..
6. Quantum Dot Simulation.
7. TCAD Systems- Semiconductor Devices Design
8. Nano FET Simulation.
9. Visit in MBE, MOVPE Laboratory
10. HEMT, HBT simulation
11. Semiconductor Laser Simulation
12. Visit in AFM, BEEM, SIMS Laboratory
13. AFM,STM Microscopy
- Study Objective:
Main target of the subject is to give an overview about nanotechnology applications in electronics and spintronics and to inform students about the last achievements in the field of electronic nanodevices
- Study materials:
1. K. Goser, P. Glösekötter, J. Dienstuhl, Nanoelectronics and Nanosystems, Springer, 2004.
2. P. Harrison, Quantum Wells, Wires and Dots, J. Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: