Engineering Methods in Mechanics
- Department of Electric Drives and Traction
Review methods solution of problems in rigid bodies mechanics, hydromechanical , thermodynamic and electromechanical systems. Dynamics of combined systems with using methods of vectorial and analytical mechanics, assembling of mathematical model and resources for simulation. Identification of system parameters with respect to passive resistances and energy losses. Physical similarity and analogy, dimensional analysis, dimensionless parameters, PI-terms,fundamentals of experimental research
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Beer, F. P., Johnston, E.R. Vector Mechanics for Engineers (Statics, Dynamics). Fifth Edition, Mc Graw-Hill Book Company, New York, 1988.
2. Munson, B.R., Yong, D.F., Okiishi, T.H. : Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1990
3. Jílek, M.: Thermomechanics. Vydavatelství ČVUT Praha, 2002
4. Shelley, J.F. : 700 Solved Problems in Vector Mechanics for Engineers. Mc. Graw-Hill, Inc., New York, 1990.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: