Practical Excercises in Radiochemistry 2
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Nuclear Chemistry
Liquid-liquid extraction, distribution ratio, separation, extraction chromatography, paper chromatography, ion-exchange separation, nuclear isomers separation, solubility determination, coprecipitation, radiometric titrations, substoichiometric isotope dilution analysis, homogeneous isotope exchange.
1. Practical Exercises in Radiochemistry I
2. Separation Methods in Radiochemistry I
3. Health qualification for work in ionizing radiation risk
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1.Regulations for the work with open IR sources.
2.Preparation of diluted radioactive solutions with definite relative specific activity.
3.UX2 preparation and determination of its half-life.
4.Determination of Fe(III) distribution ratio in the system HCl - diethylether.
5.Separation of Th-234 and U-238 using diethylether extaction.
6.Separation of Th-234 and U-238 by means of an anion exchanger.
7.Separation of RaD and RaE using dithizone extraction.
8.Separation of RaD and RaE using extraction chromatography.
9.Separation of RaD and RaE using paper chromatography.
10.Separation of nuclear izomers Br-80m and Br-80.
11.Solubility determination of insoluble compounds using radiactive indicators method.
12.Coprecipitation of orthophosphates with silver halogenides.
13.Radiometric titration based on precipitation reaction.
14.Substoichiometric isotope dilution analysis.
15. Homogenous isotope exchange in the system ThNO3 - Th(NO3)3 - HNO3.
16.Elemental analysis of rock using X-ray fluorescence analysis
- Study Objective:
- basics in radiochemical laboratory work
- fundamental radioanalytical procedures and methods.
- practical knowledge of work with open radioactive sources
- preparation of radioactive samples
- Study materials:
1.Decree of the SÚJB No. 307/2002 Coll., on Radiation Protection, Annexes 1-13
2.W.D.Loveland, D.J. Morrissey, G.T. Seaborg: Modern nuclear chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 2006.
1. Act No. 18/1997 Coll., on Peaceful Utilisation of Nuclear Energy and Ionising Radiation (the Atomic Act) and on Amendments and Additions to Related Acts.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: