Physical Chemistry Calculations 3
- Department of Nuclear Chemistry
Course of Physical chemistry calculations follows the lecture Electrochemistry and theory of the solutions and Reaction kinetics and is directed to the solving of practical problems of physical chemistry systems.
To attend lectures Electrochemistry a theory of solutions 15ETR1 and Reaction Kinetics 15REKI
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Faraday´s laws, electrolyte conductivity, ion solvation.
2. Transference numbers, ion mobility, determination of transference numbers.
3. Activity and activity coefficients of electrolyte and ions.
4. Relation between ionic strength and molar conductivity.
5. Galvanic cells, electric tension, Nernst equation.
6. Kinetics of electrode processes, polarography.
7. Kinetic equations, reaction rate, reaction constants.
8. Chemical kinetics of homogeneous systems.
9. Parallel reactions.
10. Consecutive reactions.
11. Reversible reactions.
12. Temperature dependence of reaction rate, activation energy.
13. Mechanism of reaction.
14. Heterogeneous reactions.
- Study Objective:
To acquire skills in solving practical problems of physico-chemical systems.
- Study materials:
1. IRA N. LEVINE: Physical Chemistry
1. MURPHY, C. MURPHY, B. HATHAWAY, Physical Chemistry Calculation1
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: