Project Management of Innovations
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Management and Economics
The purpose of this course is to introduce the students to the various aspects of project management of innovations in the Czech environment. Emphasis will be placed on the functional areas of initiating the project, innovational project planning methodology, project time management, precedence diagramming method, activity duration estimates, executing the project of innovation (TPS, Kaizen, SixSigma), cost estimates of innovation, procurements documents, controlling the project and innovational evaluation criteria. In addition, the process of project management will be outlined and evolving changes in management practices discussed. The course is designed to provide engineers with the basic information and skills necessary to manage innovational projects of the enterprise. Tuition suitably links sequence of managerial and technical subject categories and simultaneously reacts to topical business and graduation theses requirements.
The course consists of lectures, tutorials, presentations, and independend study, including discussions of case studies.
* Come to classes regularly and on time.
* Find learning, and positive experiences with your classmates and the instructor.
* Proclaim yourself a willing learner, with the desire to learn and to share.
* Read your assignments on time.
* Willingly and unselfishly share your ideas, experiences, and opinions.
* Go above and beyond the call of duty in participation.
* Appreciate the opinions and values of your classmates.
* Turn in your assignments completed well and on time.
* Respect the basic tenets of confidentiality in the class, share their knowledge, experiences, beliefs and fears.
- Syllabus of lectures:
(1) Introduction, guidelines for the management of innovations.
(2) The structure of the company innovation audit.
(3) The management of the innovation projects portfolio.
(4) Modern methods of planning innovative projects.
(5) The forecasting of necessary resources for innovations.
(6) Project management of innovation risk.
(7) Planning and management of the innovation projects.
(8) The possibility of the lead time shortening in the innovation projects.
(9) The organization of pro-innovative business culture.
(10) Development of creativity the company employees.
(11) Measurement and evaluation of creative performance.
(12) The firm´s audit of innovations and its final report.
(13) Proceedings of the international innovation project.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
(1) The specificity of the product design, versus productivity improving innovations.
(2) Calculations associated with the planning of projects of innovation.
(3) Practice making calculations and innovation audit.
(4) Examples of the practice of making innovative project plans.
(5) The methods and calculations associated with finding and exploring innovations.
(6) Resolution calculations of various innovation strategies.
(7) Calculations of risk management of innovation projects.
(8) The scheduling of resources and the associated calculations.
(9) Calculations efficiency in commercialization of innovations.
(10) Practical calculations of costs and prices innovation.
(11) Presentation of individual projects
(12) Presentation of individual projects
(13) Presentation of individual projects.
- Study Objective:
Creativity and Innovation Management fills a crucial gap in management literature between the theory and practice of organizing imagination and innovation. It gives managers insights into introducing innovation within their organizations and accelerating the development of creative performance in their staff. The journal's central consideration is how to challenge and facilitate creative potential, and how then to imbed this into result orientated innovative business development. Emphasis will be placed on the functional areas of initiating the project and project planning methodology. Each student is required to complete the project assignment. Teaching methods will include lectures, group presentations and discussions of cases as well as other exercises.
- Study materials:
1. Kavan M.: Projektové řízení inovací, skripta ČVUT, 2006.
2. Rosenau M.D.: Řízení projektů, Computer Press, 2000.
3. Kavan M.: Výrobní a provozní management, Grada Publishing, 2002.
4. Pitra Z.: Management inovačních aktivit, Professional Publishing, 2006.
* BerkunScott: The Myths of Innovation, O'Reilly Media, 2010, ASIN: B00CB5WAIW.
* Sloane Paul: The Innovative Leader: How to Inspire Your Team and Drive Creativity, Kogan Page, 2007, ISBN-13: 978-0749450014.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- 11 126 NSTI REP 2012 základ (compulsory course in the program)