Computer Support for Study
- Vladimír Hlaváč (guarantor)
- Vladimír Hlaváč (guarantor), Juraj Lieskovský
- Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering
The course introduces students into creating technical and professional documents on computers or Web and into realizing technical computations with the use of computers. Students gain practical skills by creating an essay in a text editor, by realizing technical computations with a spreadsheet calculator, and by creating and presenting a web page.
Active work on exercises
- Syllabus of lectures:
1 Working with text editors, advanced use of MS Word. Equation editor, tables, drawing, styles, templates, etc.
2 Scientific and engineering resources on the internet. Reasonable queries on Google. Scopus, IEEE explorer. References in the MS Word. Introduction into MS Powerpoint.
3-4 MS Excel: data import and export, data visualization by graphs. Use for data from labs and their evaluation. Work with texts. Work with (not only economic) tables, filters, conditional formatting, processing data using supplementary calculated columns. Graphs of 2D and 3D functions. Matrix functions.
5 Introduction into Matlab (matrix functions, vectors, graph of e function, work with graphs). Simulink, simple model of a dynamic system, defined by a differential equation.
6 Web pages, free webhosting. Html language, CSS introduction.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1) Checking students' network accounts and mail. Computer lab software.
2) Technical article with predefined structure in the MS Word. Equation editor, tables, drawing, styles, etc.
3) Research on the web for a scientific resources, Scopus, IEEE explorer. References in the MS Word.
3-4) Use of the MS Excel for an engineering computations. Graphs, graphs of a function, data import and export.
4) Advanced techniques with MS Excel, filters, conditional formating, work with a text variables and indirect references.
5) Technical and scientific computations and data visualization using Matlab and Simulink.
6) Web pages, free webhosting. Html language, CSS introduction.
7) Final Test
- Study Objective:
Basic work with text editors. Working with editor of mathematical formulas and their introduction into documents. Making final version of the technical essay. Introduction to technical and scientific computations via computers. Solving some technical problems via spreadsheets, Matlab, Maple, and Python. Making final version of the technical-based project with graphs and computations. Basic skills in scripting in HTML (CSS styles, tag div)
- Study materials:
website of the class
online resources specified at class
- Time-table for winter semester 2022/2023:
Mon Tue Wed ThuroomT4:A1-207
Poč. učebna 207roomT4:A1-207
Poč. učebna 207
- Time-table for summer semester 2022/2023:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans: