Selected Topics from Automatic Control
- Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering
The aim of the course is to unify and enhance knowledge of enrolled students above the level of requirements and contents of the MSc course „Theory of Automatic Control I and II“. By means of flexible adjusting ratio lectures-self study it is possible to adapt its program to individual needs of the student with respect to the topic of his or her thesis and some of four points specified in the course curriculum below. An important part of the course is submission of a research and bibliographic search report on agreed topic.
Digital and continuous control - theoretical and practical optimization of control function
Control circuits with a complex structure - specific problems of description and design
Examples of control circuit solutions and their modelling from the area of servomechanisms, aircraft engines and turbo compressors, heat energy devices
Use of programs MATLAB and SIMULINK
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Digital and continuous control - theoretical and practical optimization of control function, outfit with supporting features such as autotuning, detection of sensor discredibility, controller output saturation, signal filtering, etc.
2. Control circuits with a complex structure - specific problems of describing and designing special functions of decoupling, disturbance compensation, setting under mutual interaction
3. Examples of control circuit solutions and their modelling from the area of servomechanisms, aircraft engines and turbo compressors, heat energy devices.
4. Use of simulation and design aids provided by programs MATLAB and SIMULINK, typical optimizing procedures.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Seminars are represented by examples solved in lectures and especially by the submitted research and bibliography search report on individual topic.
- Study Objective:
Obtain specific knowledge supporting the goal of doctoral thesis
- Study materials:
Šulc B., Vítečková M.: Teorie a praxe návrhu regulačních obvodů. Monografie. Vydavatelství ČVUT v Praze, 2004.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: