- Department of Manufacturing Technology
Foundry properties of metals. Treatment. Pouring. Casting solidification. Moulding and core making. Thermal treatment. Plastic deformation. Division of forming processes. Semi-products, heating-up. Cutting. Cold and hot forming. Welds. Weldability. Weldment testing. Thermal cutting. Brasing. Surface treatment. Plastics and powder processing. Laboratories.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Main principles of metal forming.
- Classification of metal forming processes and terminology.
- Preparation of stock material for forming.
- Heating for forging.
- Technology of bulk metal forming - upsetting.
- Open die forging - methods, equipment
- Closed die forging - forging procedures, equipment.
- Roll forging, cross wedge rolling, rotary forging - principles, equipment.
- Extrusion - methods, feasibility of production.
- Rolling - methods, equipment, examples.
- Drawing of wires and rods.
- Sheet metal forming, shearing, bending.
- Deep drawing - principles, methods, equipment.
- Calculation of deformation forces for the basic forming methods.
- Powder metallurgy.
- Moulding of thermosetting plastics.
- Moulding of thermoplastic materials.
- Examples of other manufacturing processes for plastics.
- Definition and classification of welding, advantages and disadvantages of welding
- Basic terms of fusion welding, weld names, butt joint edge preparations, types of weld joints, their realizations
- Technology of welded structures, definition, requirements, cases of weld joints
- Welding metallurgy, description of individual phases of welding process (heat treatment inclusive)
- Influence of gases on the quality of weld metal
- Weldability of materials, basic requirements - weldability of steels.
- Gas welding - principle, types of flames, welding technigues
- Brazing and soldering - physical principle and metallurgical reactions
- Electric welding arc - description of static characterization, metal transfer, sources of welding current (characterization)
- Manual metal-arc welding (MMA)
- Submerged arc welding; SA welding
- Gas-shielded metal arc welding
- Electroslag welding
- Resistance welding - principle, division and description of individual methods
- Special welding methods - basic description and division
- Building-up - basic characteristics and application
- Oxygen cutting and other methods of thermal cutting of materials
- Stress and deformation during building-up - principle
- Influence of technological conditions on welding stress and deformation - measures for stress and deformation elimination.
- Evaluation of quality of welds - aim, basic division into groups and characterization of individual methods.
- Metal Corrosion
- Corrosion prevention
- Surface treatment - types
- Metal finishing
- Inorganic coatings
- Organic coatings
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Metal Forming- - Classification of metal forming processes and terminology, Welding-Definition and classification of welding, advantages and disadvantages of welding, Surface treatment-Metal Corrosion, Corrosion prevention, Surface treatment - types, Pre-treatment, Metal finishing, Inorganic coatings, Organic coatings
- Study materials:
Král, Bednář, Čermák: Engineering Technology I. ČVUT Praha 2003, Novotný, J. a kol.: Technologie I. ČVUT Praha, Šanovec, J. a kol.: Technologie I. - návody ke cvičení ČVUT Praha, Zeman, K.: Základy technologie I. ČVUT Praha, Herman, A.: Technologie I. - soubor otázek ČVUT Praha
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: