Modern Internet Technologies
- Alexandru Moucha (guarantor)
- Alexandru Moucha (guarantor), Viktor Černý
- Department of Computer Systems
The subject „Modern Internet Technologies“ is designed on four major pillars of networking:
1. Unified Communication and Collaboration - A single network, oriented on TCP/IP is able to carry whatever types of protocols for whatever purposes. This architecture is able to be protocol independent and carries voice, video and data to achieve seamless integrated services.
2. Design of Extremely Scalable Networks - This provides the insights of network architectures which can accommodate hundreds of millions of users and billions of devices. Thus, there is a paradigm switch from LANs (Local Area Networks) to SPs (Service Providers).
3. Traffic Segregation, Traffic Matching and Traffic Prioritisation - These technologies allow service providers to create private channels of communication between customers, with guaranteed parameters (bandwidth, delay, jitter, type of protocol).
4. Acceleration Technologies - They allow traffic to be carried at the optimal speed and allow for graceful degradation of service parameters in case of failures.
Basic computer networks.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Architectures for VoIP systems, codecs and signalling protocols for VoIP systems.
2. Integrated networks: voice, video and data. Service unification with analog and digital systems.
3. Three Tier Design and Service Oriented Network Architectures
4. Acceleration and optimisation of traffic switching and routing
5. Large scale routing problems and deficiencies. Hybrid switch-routing.
6. Data path segregation (VLANs in large scalable networks, private channels, private routing tables, non broadcast routing systems).
7. Routing between broadcast and non-broadcast systems (NBMA, MPLS, BGP)
8. In depth BGP problematic
9. SLA (Service Level Agreement): traffic matching, tagging, post-processing and shaping
10. Translation of SLA into the network design and behaviour
11. Private channel systems and ensuring quality
12. Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Complex routing
3. IPSec VPN
6. NBMA - FR
- Study Objective:
The aim is to familiarize students with the principles, architectures, and technologies of modern communication and interconnection networks, computer network administration, and usage of important Internet applications. The module focusses on the issues of network design, optimal selection or setting of parameters for achieving maximum performance with respect to quantitative and qualitative requirements on data transfers. Attention is paid to the problems of real-time data transfers (multimedia communication, VoIP).
- Study materials:
- Further information:
- Time-table for winter semester 2020/2021:
NTK PU 1
Tue Fri ThuroomT9:344
NBFIT síťová učebnaroomT9:344
NBFIT síťová učebna
- Time-table for summer semester 2020/2021:
- Time-table is not available yet
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Specialization Computer Science, Presented in Czech, Version 2018 to 2019 (VO)
- Computer Security, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Computer Systems and Networks, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (PS)
- Management Informatics, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Software Engineering, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- System Programming, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Web Engineering, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Knowledge Engineering, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Specialization Computer Science, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Master's Program Informatics, Plan for students without Specialization, in Czech, 2020 (VO)