Algorithms of Information Security
- Department of Information Security
Students will get acquainted with the algorithms of secure key generation and cryptographic error (not only biometric) data processing. Furthermore, students will learn the mathematical principles of cryptographic protocols (identification, authentication and signature schemes). They will acquire algorithmic methods of cryptocurrencies in order to analyze their security and efficiency. Another part of the course is dedicated to malware detection and use of machine learning in detection systems. The last topic includes practical steganographic methods and attacks on steganographic systems.
Good knowledge of linear algebra (BI-LIN), probability theory (BI-PST) and information security (BI-BEZ).
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Key generation algorithms.
2. Cryptographic methods of error data processing (biometric data).
3. Cryptographic protocols: digital signature and identification schemes.
4. Cryptographic protocols: key management, secret sharing.
5. Cryptographic protocols: zero-knowledge proofs.
6. Cryptocurrencies: digital cash, anonymous transactions.
7. Cryptocurrencies: Proof of Work (Bitcoin) based algorithms.
8. Cryptocurrencies: algorithms based on directed acyclic graphs (Avalanche, Phantom).
9. Malware: different types of malware and principles of analysis.
10. Malware: machine learning-based detection techniques.
11. Malware: algorithms for clustering into families.
12. Steganography: practical steganographic methods.
13. Steganography: attacks on steganographic systems.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Cryptographic protocols
2. Cryptographic protocols
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
1. Monnappa, K. A. : Learning Malware Analysis: Explore the concepts, tools, and techniques to analyze and investigate Windows malware. Packt Publishing, 2018. ISBN 978-1788392501.
2. Masud, M. - Thuraisingham, B. - Khan, L. : Data mining tools for malware detection. Auerbach Publications, 2011. ISBN 978-1439854549.
3. Clark, C. : Bitcoin Internals - A Technical Guide to Bitcoin. Amazon Digital Services, 2013.
4. Fridrich, J. : Steganography in digital media: principles, algorithms, and applications. Cambridge University Press, 2009. ISBN 978-0521190190.
5. Mao, W. : Modern cryptography: theory and practice. Pearson Education India, 2003. ISBN 978-0132887410.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans:
- Specialization Computer Science, Presented in Czech, Version 2018 to 2019 (VO)
- Computer Security, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (PS)
- Design and Programming of Embedded Systems, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Computer Systems and Networks, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Management Informatics, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Software Engineering, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- System Programming, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Web Engineering, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Knowledge Engineering, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Specialization Computer Science, Presented in Czech, Version 2020 (VO)
- Master's Program Informatics, Plan for students without Specialization, in Czech, 2020 (VO)