- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Machining, Process Planning and Metrology
Cutting tools characteristics. Cutting materials including heat treatment and surface finish, application fields. Cutting tool geometry, determination and measurement. Cutting tools elements design. Cutting tools design including dimensioning. Cutting tools production. Basic tools groups description and their use (turning tools, milling tools, etc.). Special cutting tools. Grinding, use and maintenance of cutting tools.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Introduction, the importance of cutting tools.
2. Cutting materials (high speed steels, sintered carbides).
3. Cutting materials (ceramics, CBN, PKD).
4. Design elements of cutting tools - cutting part.
5. Design elements of cutting tools - clamping and other parts.
6. Turning cutting tools.
7. Milling cutting tools.
8. Drilling and threading cutting tools.
9. Cutting tools for difficult to cut materials and non-ferrous materials.
10. Toothing cutting tools.
11. Form cutting tools.
12. Cutting tools stress.
13. Cutting tools use and their grinding.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
1. Introduction, geometry of cutting tools, examples, calculation.
2. Cutting tool geometry measurement.
3. Assessment of cutting tools.
4. Adjustment of cutting tools.
5. Cutting tool project assignment.
6. Project discussion.
7. Project assessment, conclusion.
- Study Objective:
To give the knowledge of the design and the use of cutting tools and their proper choice for concrete application.
- Study materials:
- Kvasnička, I. - Slavík, V. - Štajnochr, L.: Obráběcí nástroje. Skripta ČVUT, 1998, 98 s.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: