UMPS in Pipe-Machine Systems
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics
Students will get knowledge on the basic types of hydrostatic and hydrodynamic pumps, their construction and their operational properties. They will also learn about the safe, economical and reliable operation of hydrostatic and hydrodynamic pumps in machine systems and will gain a more comprehensive orientation in choice of type, design and operation of pumps included in the systems for pumping liquids.
- Syllabus of lectures:
• Physical properties of liquids. Basic laws of hydromechanics applied in the field of pumping technology.
• Laminar and turbulent flow of Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids in pipelines.
• Basic elements of pipe-machine systems and their purpose.
• Types and materials of pipes used in pipe-machine systems. Types, design and operation of pipe fittings and their characteristics. Determination of frictional and minor hydraulic losses in the pump and pipe system. System characteristics and changes. Problems of plastic pipes application in piping technology.
• Sorting, types, properties and construction concepts of pumps used in the pump and pipe system for pumping liquids. Parameters and characteristics of pumps, specific speed of pumps. Areas of application of different types of pumps, choice of suitable pump for the case of pumping equipment. Problems of determination of pump characteristics (measurement, pumping of high viscosity liquids, pumping of liquids containing air or solid particles).
• System and pump characteristics, operating point.
• Parallel and series pump operation.
• Methods of controlling the parameters of the pump and pipe system.
• Cavitation and anti-cavitation measures in pumping equipment components.
• Water hammer in piping systems and ways to mitigate its effects.
• Typical defects in the pump and pipe systems.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
Nesbitt, B.: Handbook of Pumps and Pumping: Pumping Manual International. Elsevier Science & Technology, 9TH Edition, 2006, ISBN-1-85617-215-5.
South African Pump Manufacturers Association: Pumps, Principles & Practice. Published by K. Myles and Associates cc., Notheliff, Republic of South Africa, Fourth Edition, 2002, ISBN-0-620-28450-1.
Wilson, K. C., Addie, G. R., Sellgren, A., Clift, R.: Slurry Transport Using Centrifugal Pumps. Springer, Berlin, 2010, ISBN: 1441935916.
Neumaier, R.: Hermetic pumps – The ecological solution-centrifugal pumps and rotary displacement pumps. W. H. Faragallah, D-65843 Sulzbach Verlag und Bildarchiv, 1994, ISBN-3-929682-09-5.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: