Topical Dosimetry Seminar
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Dosimetry and Application of Ionizing Radiation
The seminary is supposed to motivate the student’s interest in the field of dosimetry and provide basic information about different applications of ionizing radiation in science, in research and in human life. The lectures are given by Ph.D. students and absolvents of DDAIR, who are currently employed at the department or in various organizations (SÚRO, v.v.i., ÚJF AV ČR v.v.i., ÚJV Řež, ČMI, Hospital Na Homolce, FN v Motole, PTC Czech s.r.o., CERN, Fermilab). The lectures will focus not only on describing research and current topics in the field of dosimetry, but students will also learn more about Bachelor degree thesis topics and thus will learn more about their possible specialization during the studies and afterwards.
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Syllabus of tutorials:
Introductory lectures on physics of ionizing radiation and dosimetry, followed by lectures by practitioners on routine and research activities in the field.
Examples of introductory lecture topics:
1. Atom, nucleus and IR
2. Quantities and units in dosimetry, the principles of radiation protection
3. Introduction to radiotherapy, diagnostics and nuclear medicine
4. Particle physics in international laboratories (CERN, Fermilab)
- Study Objective:
Obtaining background knowledge and orientation in the field of dosimetry and application of ionizing radiation.
Basic orientation in ionizing radiation applications.
- Study materials:
study materials will be assigned / recommended at the beginning of the semester according to the topicality of topics in the field
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: