Problems of Non-ionizing Radiation
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Dosimetry and Application of Ionizing Radiation
Subject is focused on biological effects of non-ionizing radiation and its use in physical praxis. Information about principles, biological effects and methods used in fields of magnetic resonance and ultrasound as applied in various types of technical or medical equipment are given as well.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. The introduction to the non-ionizing radiation problematic
2. Ultraviolet radiation - sources
3. Biological effects of UV on the human tissue
4. Basic information about hyperthermia and photothermia; introduction to biological effects of the IR a VR
5. Biological effects of microwaves 1 - brief description
6. Biological effects of microwaves 2
7. The introduction to the laser technique - basic information
8. Nuclear magnetic resonance
9. Magnetic resonance imaging
10. Ultrasound: introduction to problematic
11. Ultrasound in medicine - basic principles of imaging
12. and 13. Excursion to lesson 7,8, 10 and 11, consultations.
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
Whole range of electromagnetic waves, magnetic resonance and ultrasound, including estimation of biological effects and their practical utilization.
Good orientation in biological effects and usage of the whole electromagnetic spectrum.
- Study materials:
 McRobbie, W.D., Moore, A.E.,:MRI from picture to proton. Cambridge University Press 2003.
 Seegenschmiedt, Fessenden, Vernon: Thermo-radiotherapy and thermochemotherapy, 1995.
 Nonionizing Radiation Protection, WHO Regional Publications, Copenhagen, 1982
 Vrbová, M., Jelínková, H., Gavrilov, P.: Úvod do laserové techniky, ČVUT 1994
 Ultraviolet radiation, Evvironmental Health Criteria 160, WHO, Geneva 1994
 Ultraviolet Radiation Exposure Dosimetry of the Eye, WHO, 1995
 Bushberg, J.T. and col.: The Essentials physics of medical imaging, USA 2002
 Kahabka, M.: Pocket Guide for Fundamentals and GSM Testing, vol.2, Wandel and Goltermann GmbH and co, 1999
 Vrba, J.,Lapeš, M.: The micro-wawe applicators for emdical applications.ČVUT, 1997. (in Czech)
 Ettler, K.: Photoprotection of skin. Triton 2004. (in Czech)
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: