Advanced Topics in Open Quantum Systems
- Garant předmětu:
- Department of Physics
The lecture is devoted to description of state, measurement and time evolution of quantum systems undergoing interaction with their environment. Attention is focused to both, discrete changes of quantum systems studied in different representations and continuous Markov dynamical semigroups.
- Syllabus of lectures:
1. Description of composite quantum systems
2. Mathematical formalism of superoperators
3. Generalized quantum measurement
4. Quantum operations and their representation
5. Quantum dynamical semigroups
6. Quantum master equation
7. Microscopic description of quantum Markov processes
8. Spectral properties of quantum Markovgenerators
9. Decoherence and error-correction
10. Principles of quantum thermodynamics, entropy inequalities
- Syllabus of tutorials:
- Study Objective:
- Study materials:
 H.-P. Breuer and F. Petruccione, The theory of open quantum systems, Oxford Univ. Press, 2002.
 G. Rogers, Selected Topics in Open Quantum Systems, NY Research Press, 2015.
 M. A. Nielsen, I. L. Chuang, Quantum computation and quantum information, Cambridge Univ. Press, 2002.
 I. Bengtsson, K. Zyczkowski, Geometry of Quantum States, Cambridge Univ. Press, 2006.
 G. M. Paule, Thermodynamics and synchronization in open quantum systems, Springer AG, 2018.
- Further information:
- No time-table has been prepared for this course
- The course is a part of the following study plans: